We don’t cook enough with Nectarines 🙂 These are baked with honey and cinnamon which enhance their flavour to the roof! And the ginger cookie is just the best topping. I put them in transparent jars so you can see all the layering but any transparent dish will do as well 😉
For the Nectarines:
– 14 nectarines
– 60g honey
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 80g melted butter
– 3 tsp ground ginger
– 2 tsp vanilla essence
For the cookie crumble:
– 150g unsalted butter at room temp
– 50g sugar
– 1 egg
– 1 tsp vanilla essence
– Zest form 1 lemon
– 1 tsp ground ginger
– 1 tsp salt
– 200g all purpose flour
For the cream (optional but recommended!)
– 150ml fresh cream, straight out of the fridge
– 2 1/2 tbsp icing sugar
1. Cut the nectarines. First half them by going around the natural line that the nectarines have with a knife. Then turn both halves and they will divide. Then eache half I cut in 4 and them in half across again. However, you can cut them as big or as small as you want.
2. Mix with the rest of the Nectarine ingredients and it goes into the oven at 180C for 15min or until you see they have softened.
3. For the cookie crumble, mix with a whisk the butter (soft, at room temperature) with the sugar until it’s smooth. Then add the rest of the ingredients but the flour and mix until it’s homogeneous. Finish with the flour, mix with a spatula.
4. Spread it out in an oven safe dish or pan and put it into the oven at 180C for 10-15min or until it’s nice and golden. Break it apart with a knife or your hands until it’s a nice crumble.
5. Wait for it to cool down completely before putting it on top of the nectarines or they will soak up all the juices and become soggy.
6. For the cream, mix the really cold cream with the icing sugar using an electric mixer until it’s nice and fluffy. Don’t over mix it or it will become too hard.
It’s a simple yet SO yummy recipe! The nectarines’ flavour pop a lot and the cookie is amazing 🙂 Hope you like it.