This loaf is AMAZING. Not only is it super tasty from tangerines or clementines, but you can actually swap the citrus for any other you like 🙂 It’s moist, soft, and the tangy glaze gives it an amazing final touch. Make it for breakfast or a nice teatime with friends!
Portions: 1 small mould
– 90g butter, at room temperature + a bit for buttering the mould
– 25ml vegetable oil
– 175g sugar
– 190g all-purpose flour + a bit for flouring the mould
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 tsp zest (about 2 fruits)
– 30ml clementine or tangerine juice (about 3 fruits)
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 2 tbsp honey
– 60ml milk
– Juice from 1 clementine or tangerine plus juice from 1/2 lemon
– 80g icing sugar
1. Whisk the butter at room temperature with the zest and sugar until smooth. Then add the oil and egg and mix again. Finally add the milk and mix.
2. Add the salt, baking powder and flour and mix. Let it rest in the fridge for 30min.
3. With a bit of butter at room temperature, butter the mould thinly. Then add a bit of flour and turn the mould tapping it to flour it. Throw out the excess.4. Put the mix in and it goes in the oven at 170C for 45min or until you can put a knife in the center and it comes out clean. Unmould it while it’s still hot.
5. If you want to make the dehydrated slices, cut thin slices of a tangerine or clementine and put them on a silpat or baking paper. They go in the oven at 120C for 30min on one side and 30 on the other, or until they are nice and translucent.
6. For the glaze, sieve the icing sugar and add the juice little by little until you get the texture you like.
I hope you like it, it’s so yummy!! There are a few slices left so I leave you to go eat some 😛