– What if we get together and have a barbecue?
– Sure, but everyone bring something
Next thing you know, everyone arrives with the same thing: sausages or beef. Why do we have to be so boring when there are so many delicious things we can make in a grill? OK, I like sausages as much as the next person, but knowing that everyone is bringing the same thing, let’s us make something different ;). Today I bring you two very simple recipes of chicken wings with soy sauce and honey, and mushrooms with garlic and oregano… so YUMMY when grilled! I was going out of town for the day so I made them the night before and let them marinade until the next day. When I opened the container it smelled glorious!
Portions: How many you like! I’m going to be giving you approx. ratios
For the wings:
– Chicken wings (I used the ones that are only the central meat-packed part)
– Half soy sauce and half honey, enough to soak them
– It’s not necessary to add salt because of the soy sauce!
For the mushrooms:
– White button or portobello mushrooms
– 1 garlic clove for every 5 mushrooms
– salt and pepper to taste
– olive oil (enough to wet them)
– fresh oregano leaves
For the wings, put everything together and let sit for at least 4 hours. For the mushrooms, chop finely the garlic and pick the oregano leaves. Mix everything and let sit for at least 2 hours.
After such time, GRILL! Add the juices from the marinade as it cooks in the beginning. Here goes the picture galore with the food cooking next to our friends the sausages and also a tomato with oregano that photobombed them. Drool away! Comment below what you like to grill and if you like my ideas :).