This recipe is really easy, extremely moist, sweet, and lemony. It’s so good that it lasted less than a day in my house (we’re only 4 here… and I didn’t eat any!). I promise you will treasure this recipe for ever. You can even make changes to it to make whole new recipes: add nuts, change the fruits, sprinkle icing sugar instead of a glaze, etc! There’s no limit 🙂
Portions: 1 bundt cake mould, approx 12 portions
For the cake:
– 180g butter + more for buttering
– 50ml vegetable oil
– 350g sugar
– 350g flour + more for dusting
– 4 eggs
– zest of 2 lemons
– juice of 2 lemon
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 4g salt
– 4 tbsp honey
– 100ml milk
– 250g blueberries
For the glaze:
– 150g icing sugar
– juice from 2 lemons
1. Whisk together the butter (previously softened either by leaving outside of the fridge or by heating in the microwave for 20sec intervals until soft), oil and sugar.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients (except the blueberries) and whisk together. Let rest for 30min in the fridge.
3. Add about 1 tbsp of flour to your blueberries and toss them in there. This will help to keep them afloat rather than having them all sink to the bottom.
4. Lightly butter the pan (I used a piece of paper towel with a bit of butter) and then dust with flour
5. Add the batter to the mould and bake at 170C for 45min-1hr or AS SOON as you can insert a knife and it comes out clean. This keeps it nice and moist, keeping it there more than necessary dries it up 🙂
6. Un mould while warm (as it cools it could stick) by turning it around; it should unstick quite quickly. Marvel at its beauty 😀
7. For the glaze, add the lemon juice little by little to the icing sugar until it’s thick enough to coat and run down the cake but not too thin that it leaves no trace on it. I glazed with a spoon, going around the top and letting it drip.
That’s it!!! Enjoy this amazing recipe 🙂