What better way to start a day than with an amazing breakfast? I think that this one is worth saving for the weekend for a real in-bed treat with some netflix on. Brioche is a perfect bread for french toast because it’s mostly butter, so it becomes very rich once we soak it in our milk and eggs. Also, it’s better if you let it go stale for a while so it is able to absorb even more. So since it’s monday, you can do your shopping now and let it get dry for a bit, and if not, it will be amazing anyway. Let’s crack on!
– 3 slices per person of brioche bread. If not available, regular loaf will do, preferably white, but brown is also allowed
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 2 eggs
– 2.5 cups milk
– pinch salt
– butter for cooking the toast
– maple syrup and strawberries or any fruit you like… or non at all!
1. Mix throughly the eggs, milk, cinnamon and salt. Soak your bread in the mixture and let it absorb the liquid for 30secs or until you feel it’s gone very soft and moist.
2. Onto the pan with butter, on low-med heat. This is important because you want the egg that’s in the middle of the toast to cook without burning the toast.
3. Onto the plate, pour some of that amazing maple syrup on (be generous) and decorate with strawberries, raspberries, bananas or nothing at all 🙂
Serve pretty and enjoy!