So far in my life I have not met anyone to reject a Nutella dose. How could you? It’s simply delicious, smooth, and will definitely drive you nuts (get it? because its made of hazelnuts? ok, lame joke, sorry!). Anyway, I thought, why make a chocolate pie when you can actually make a NUTELLA PIE! It’s really moist and smooth and the dough has a salty tinge that makes it the perfect complement to the sweet sweet Nutella. Enjoy!
Portions: 6, in a 23cm case
For the crust:
– 200g flour
– 150g butter
– 50g sugar
– 1 egg
– 2 tsp salt
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 350g Nutella
– 100g butter
– 2 eggs
– 60g sugar
– 1 egg yolk
Optional: icing sugar and raspberries for garnish 🙂
1. Make sure your butter is really soft (you can leave out of the fridge for a while or put it in the microwave in unfreeze mode for some seconds at a time. It should be really soft but not melted. Whisk it together with the sugar to make a smooth cream, then add the eggs miked with the vanilla essence. Whisk to incorporate.
2. Cif in the flour, sugar and salt. Incorporate with a dough scraper or a spatula until you get an even dough. Cling film it and rest for 30 min in the fridge.
3. Dust some flor on your counter and roll the dough to about 3mm thick and place it on your case. lift the sides and push the dough in with your fingers so it lines the case nicely.
4. Cut the excess with the rolling pin and press with your fingers lightly. just to make sure the dough gets the shape of the case. Make some wholes at the bottom of the case with a fork.
5. Put some cling film on to the crust, make sure its alined with the dough, and put in your baking beans. Place in the oven at 180C until you see a golden colour on the edge of the dough, around 15min. Take out the baking beans and put inside again for another 15min or until the dough is nice and dry and golden. I actually broke a bit off when I was taking it out of the oven so be careful 😦
6. While that cools down, we’ll prepare the filling. Melt the butter into the Nutella with the sugar in very low heat so it doesn’t stick to the pan.
7. Add the eggs and egg yolk, mix and fill the crust. Put it in the oven at 120C for about 20 min or until you can sink a toothpick or point of knife into the filling and nothing sticks to it.
8. Let cool completely and then put your raspberries on top and dust with icing sugar
Voilá!!!! Serve pretty and enjoy 🙂